Phoenix Emergency Room Errors Attorneys
When an ER Mistake Causes Serious Injuries ...
Hospital emergency rooms are busy, chaotic places where doctors have to make life-and-death judgments quickly and accurately. ER physicians and other medical professionals. Sometimes they make bad decisions that cause catastrophic injuries and wrongful death.
ER Mistakes ∙ Emergency Room Errors
Free Consultation ∙ Contact Us ∙ 602-714-1701
At the law firm of Snyder & Wenner, PC in Phoenix, Arizona, our medical malpractice attorneys understand how emergency room errors can be made, but we also know how important it is to hold doctors and hospitals accountable for those mistakes. The seriously injured victims need compensation, and the ERs need to fix a system that causes far too many mistakes.
- Misdiagnosis is the most prevalent emergency room error. A heart attack may be misdiagnosed as indigestion. A life-threatening infection may be misdiagnosed as flu. The wrong diagnosis can allow the condition to worsen, can delay treatment and may cause death.
- Patients may be left waiting for hours. Very sick people have a hard time calling attention to themselves. They may be unnoticed while their conditions get worse. Miscommunications in a poorly managed ER can cause serious injuries.
- Doctors may neglect ordering appropriate tests. No matter how hurried an emergency room may be, each patient must be properly examined. Appropriate tests must be ordered and some cases should be referred to specialists.
Careful investigation can uncover emergency room errors.
The lawyers at Snyder & Wenner, PC know the importance of investigation. We know what questions to ask and what experts to consult in order to get to the truth of what happened. Every case begins with a thorough investigation that will form the foundation of an effective trial presentation. Please review our verdicts and settlements.
Some of the most common emergency room errors are:
- Failure to correctly diagnose symptoms of a stroke, heart attack, aneurysm, appendicitis, pancreatitis or pulmonary embolism
- Failure to run the right diagnostic tests (like an EKG for a suspected heart attack)
- Prescribing the wrong medication or administering the wrong dosage
- Failure to diagnose or correctly treat a serious infection
- Failure to obtain a consultation from the appropriate specialist on call
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured because of an emergency room error, contact an experienced medical malpractice lawyer. The attorneys at Snyder & Wenner, PC represent clients in Phoenix, throughout Arizona and nationwide.